Follow the goings on in my little world with my little doggy and our exciting new adventure of moving back to Cornwall in August and all the ideas that are coming thick and fast!

Check out Teri's Handmade Home for news about the things I am making for my next home which is still a little way off and Dulcie Days for Dulcie's take on the move and her other antics :-)

Saturday 2 April 2011

Blog Challenge Day 2


Day 2 of my bloggy challenge. Today I'm going to tell you the meaning behind my blog name.

In my last post I told you that that I lost my sight when I was 4 years old. I had cataracts which is hereditary. Well in the following year I had 4 eye operations and although that did restore a large amount of my sight there were still things even with my lovely (!) thick glasses that I couldn't see for a couple of years. Things like stars and rainbows. So when I was 6 and we were at a Christian Festival (Camping in very muddy conditions) There was a big rainbow over the entire campsite! Everyone was ooh and ahhing when suddenly (as my Mum tells it) a little voice from the back cries "I can see it!" yes that little voice was mine and there was a lot of rejoicing at me seeing my first rainbow since my operations.

Since then the sight of rainbows always fills me with delight and I will stop what I'm doing and watch it for as long as it stays (unless I'm driving of course). I have become adept at spotting the slightest sign of a double rainbow too! I often find that rainbows appear at times when I need encouragement or a lift which just makes them more special.

. I use rainbows in everything personal. My first email address (that wasn't my name) was rainbowflute (I play the flute as I said yesterday) my first business name was Celt Celf which doesn't mean rainbow but I had a rainbow on my logo, my current business name is Rainbow Cottage (you get the theme hehe) and so as my blog is to be the things I want to share on a daily basis, the grey days when I need a rainbow and the Rainbow Days when the sun has come out and the rainbow is there in all it's glory! 

So there you have it! I hope you have found that interesting. 
See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know you've visited and what you think! Please leave a message even if it's just to say "Hi" Thank you!