Follow the goings on in my little world with my little doggy and our exciting new adventure of moving back to Cornwall in August and all the ideas that are coming thick and fast!

Check out Teri's Handmade Home for news about the things I am making for my next home which is still a little way off and Dulcie Days for Dulcie's take on the move and her other antics :-)

Saturday 23 April 2011

Blog Challenge Day 23


Day 23 - My Favourite Song

You can't ask a musician to pick a favourite song!! Well at least not me! I have loads and they change all the time!! I have very varied tastes and like some pop, classical, jazz etc. I rarely like everything by one artist and songs become favourites because of the melody or the words generally both. So... here goes with a few favourite songs....

Extraordinary by Mandy Moore


I discovered Mandy Moore when a film she was in called 'A Walk to Remember' was recommended to me. Later we were watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and she sang this song to a camp full of disabled children. It was very moving.

Songbird by Eva Cassidy


I love this song! it has such a beautiful melody

Halo by Beyonce


I have loved this song from the first time I heard it!

Defying Gravity from 'Wicked' and yes I prefer the Glee version!


I love this song because it is inspiring me to take that leap!

One Step At A Time - Jordin Sparks


I love this song, again because of the words really speak to me and where I am right now. But I have to say I also love the dress Jordin is wearing! I have even bought a dress thats similar! hehe

ok so now for a change of style....my favourite classical pieces. In classical it is all about the melody! The prettier the better. I love tinkling Piano pieces, the rich sound of the flute and the soulful classical guitar.  Lets hope I can find my favourites on you tube!

The Banks of Green Willow by George Butterworth


I listen closely but when the flute takes the melody I stop what I'm doing altogether and just listen! Why the flute bit? well it's pretty but also I play the flute! Not sure what the flute sounds like? My favourite section is about 4.30 mins into the piece.

Elizabethan Serenade by Ronald Binge


I love the tripping melody of this piece and it lifts my spirit!

Pachelbel's Canon in D


I've loved this piece since I was a child and have never gone off it! This is played her on the instruments it was written for.

Well there are plenty other songs I could add here but I think I'd better stop now! I hope you have enjoyed listening to my selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know you've visited and what you think! Please leave a message even if it's just to say "Hi" Thank you!