Follow the goings on in my little world with my little doggy and our exciting new adventure of moving back to Cornwall in August and all the ideas that are coming thick and fast!

Check out Teri's Handmade Home for news about the things I am making for my next home which is still a little way off and Dulcie Days for Dulcie's take on the move and her other antics :-)

Saturday 9 April 2011

Blog Challenge Day 9


Day 9 my Dream House!

Now I'm not sure exactly what my dream house is. I have ideas that change depending if I'm imagining my dream house for now or if I'm married with a family! I like old and I love thatch! Even as I think about the house for now or my dream house I do like lots of light! I think that comes from having having sight problems but I also like to turn off all my lights and light some candles and watch tv in a chill state.


So the exterior and style of my house isn't very important (as I said old!) But what would I like on the interior? I dream of having a library and a craft room and a music room, a lovely light airy large kitchen that I just love to cook in! I would want to incorporate shabby chic interior styles but I would also want to have original features or even restore them! I would love to take an old wreck and make it as good as new but not modern new but in keeping with the age of the house. 


I would love a big garden where I can spend time outside, playing with Dulcie and sitting in the sun, and maybe even a bit of gardening. I would love it to be full of all kinds of plants and flowers. I love Roses and Bleeding Hearts, Hydrangeas, Hyacinths, Apple Trees and Pussy Willow. I would love a brook or river at the bottom of the garden and a tree swing! Oh and talking of swings I'd love a veranda like the American houses have with a porch swing!



I would love to live in the middle of the country when I can sit in the garden and here no-one just the sounds of nature. Alternatively near the sea but maybe near a quiet cove no-one knows about :-) I love water! 

Oh and if I can live somewhere with that sunset view I would be a very happy girl!

I hope you have enjoyed hearing about my dream house. Do you have a dream house and are you lucky enough to be living it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know you've visited and what you think! Please leave a message even if it's just to say "Hi" Thank you!