Follow the goings on in my little world with my little doggy and our exciting new adventure of moving back to Cornwall in August and all the ideas that are coming thick and fast!

Check out Teri's Handmade Home for news about the things I am making for my next home which is still a little way off and Dulcie Days for Dulcie's take on the move and her other antics :-)

Thursday 15 January 2009

The Jewel In My Crown

I was talking to a friend last night and one thing we talked about was the need for honesty. How can a guy know a girl likes him if the girl doesn't tell him? Well I am going to be honest with you as I have been increasingly so with my friends and family because I believe it is important for people to be able to talk about subjects that may be embarrassing.

When I was in school I made up having a boyfriend when I was 12 because if I had admitted that I didn't have one I would have been teased dreadfully. By 16 I was warding off comments about my sexual activity by refusing to answer because If I admitted to being a virgin, I would never have lived it down and trust me they had enough to make fun of me without me adding fuel to the fire! So how about this for fuel? I am 34 and still a virgin! (Now if you're a guy reading this that was not an invitation or a challenge!) I am still a virgin because I have not had the blessing of a husband and I decided long ago that I would follow Gods Word and give myself to only one man, my husband! Unfortunately, I am still waiting, crying to God for answers as to why I am still single and waiting, patiently, impatiently but always faithfully!

Well a couple of nights ago as I was thinking about a friend of mine. In total honesty I told him I was a virgin and he said to me that being a virgin was a very desirable trait to a man and he wasn't a Christian. As I was thinking about that I realised that my virginity is not something to be ashamed of but in fact it is 'THE JEWEL IN MY CROWN'

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know you've visited and what you think! Please leave a message even if it's just to say "Hi" Thank you!